Friday, May 4, 2012

Arabic Sample

So some of you might know I posted a picture on  my facebook of an Arabic writing sample.  We had to do a presentation in my class where we wrote and then read our own little speech.  I figured I would translate it so that you can know what I wrote wasnt actually all that impressive haha

So this basically says "My name is Lydia.  I am from Springfield, Missouri.  I live in a house with my dad and my mom.  I do not have a brother or sister.  I am a student at William Jewell College in Liberty, Missouri. I study political science. I want to work in the United Nations one day. I speak three languages English, Spanish and Arabic. (I got my past and future mixed up in the next part) I studied in Jordan in the fall. I lived with a family in Amman. I visit different countries including Costa Rica, Honduras, France and Spain. I like to travel and learn about different cultures and languages"  Pretty basic stuff.  

In other news my mom bought my plane ticket to Amman the other day.  It kind of became a lot more real after she said that.  

Thats all I have to say about that.

1 comment: