Saturday, November 24, 2012

Find me out on the mountain top...


So for the past few weekends I have been working at a school in Iraq Al-Amir.  We have painted the playground area and the classrooms as well as installed a type of railing for the kids so they wont push each other off the stair cases.  It has been really cool to see all the work come together and the place is starting to look pretty darn good. 

While I really like going and working and spending time with friends outside the classroom, I think that what I really REALLY like is getting out of the city.  Now Amman isn’t a bad place and it really isn’t a very large city but it is still a city.  I wish that you could all see the landscape out in Iraq Al-Amir.  It is just beautiful. I think I am meant to be in the country side as opposed to the city.  Im sure growing up listening to bluegrass my whole life (title of this post is a song lyric from a Blue Highway song) might play into it but regardless I love being out of the city.

Today the weather was super foggy.  On the way to the school our driver had a little bit of trouble seeing the road because it was so foggy.  This, however, set the scene for one of the most beautiful landscapes I have ever seen.  Instead of talking about it I am going to post some pictures.  These pictures do not do the area justice in the slightest but it is all that I have to share right now....

The fog on the road in front of our poor driver.

More fog.


Iraq Al-Amir

Iraq Al-Amir




Iraq Al-Amir

Iraq Al-Amir

Cemetery in Iraq Al-Amir

Iraq Al-Amir




No comments:

Post a Comment