Saturday, September 15, 2012

When at the Dead Seashore....

Dead Sea: SO that was pretty painful! So Thursday night I shaved my legs in preparation of a swimsuit.  HORRIBLE IDEA. That salty water stung so bad!!! Other than that the sea was so cool! You could stay vertical with your shoulders completely out of the water without having to tread water or touch the bottom.  Even if you propelled yourself upword your face wouldn’t go under water.  You can sit in Indian style and basically levitate. It was basically how I imagine a cloud to feel like. 

I did have one instance where I was messing around and accidently flipped backwords submerging my entire head.  I panicked and wouldn’t open my eyes.  I had to have my friend James lead me to the outdoor shower to rinse off so I could see.  The salt water burned my nose so bad. 
We also found a pile of mud at the shore line to rub on our skin.  The mud was so soft and unlike any texture I have ever felt.  We even rubbed it on our faces.  After rinsing the mud off our skin was like a baby's, so soft.

The Dead Sea lies on the border between Jordan and Palestine so from our hotel (and the sea) we could easily see Palestine, it was like just looking across the street at your neighbor's house.

After our exploration of the Dead Sea we went to the hotel and checked in.  We stayed at the Winter Valley Warwick Resort on the Dead Sea.  (It had a private beach and a shuttle that took us to and from the beach.) My friend Evan's host brother works for some party organizing company and got us the rooms and tickets to this pool party at the hotel.  I have no way of describing this party.  It was hilarious.

If any of you are familiar with the show Jersey Shore or have ever seen pictures of people on that show they you will know exactly what this party looked like.  I felt like I was in a PittBull music video. This was not what I expected to see when I came to Jordan.  The music all had the same beat for 9 hours and the dancing that occurred as well was something that I cannot describe. 

One of the boys brought an American football with him to throw in the water.  At first it was really embarrassing because it just made us stand out as the silly Americans but later EVERYONE in the pool wanted to play with the football.  One girl got pegged right in the head with it.  It was kind of funny but she was in a lot of pain. All in all it was a fun trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment